Wednesday, September 9, 2009

UP ON THE SOAPBOX

I haven't gotten up on my soapbox in awhile so I figure nobody will mind if I rant a little bit about one of my favorite causes: recycled canines.

My human says we get lots of emails & comments from people who've adopted pugs or who foster homeless pugs, so I know y'all won't mind me taking a few minutes to spread the word about a dog in serious need of a new life. Even though she's not a pug. And I know no one will mind me saying that second-hand dogs can be perfectly perfect. Both me and brother dutch were "recycled" and my human says we're the best dogs ever.

Anyway.


So, I heard about this dog named Lacey who could really use a new human. She's a girl dalmatian with lots of black spots (I don't have a good picture of her, so I've done my best re-enactment). Lacey is four years old, has had her girl parts removed, and is up to date on all her shots. She's sweet, good with people, older children and other dogs (she's a little much for young children and small dogs).


All that sounds pretty good, right? Well, here's the not-so-good part: Lacey's human doesn't have much time to spend with her, so Lacey spends most of her time stuck in The Box. I remember The Box from my puppy days and I also remember being really really happy when my human stopped putting me in it. And I only had to sleep in there at night. I can't imagine spending most of my time in The Box.


Ugh.


Like a lot of recycled dogs, Lacey will need a new human who's willing to help her adjust to life outside The Box. If you read this and know of anyone who's looking to adopt a dog like Lacey, you can contact Nor Cal Dal Rescue for more info. If you don't know of anyone, that's OK too. Just remember to spread the word about all the dogs like Lacey who deserve a second chance at life.

4 comments:

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! Even though I'm not recycled, Mom says that she would get a recycled pug next time.

I'm sure Lacey will find a great home with people that will love her. There are so many dogs who need homes and it makes me very grateful that I have what I have.

As for being up on your soapbox, I guess I am king of the soapbox because I'm up there all the time. That's okay because I like it up there.

Stubby xoxo

Kimmy B said...

Oh Puglet. I was already getting settled into my chair starting to giggle like I do every day as I read your blog. Today, I had a physical reaction when I read about Lacey. It makes my stomach lurch and makes me cry. I will pray she finds a forever family who thinks "outside The Box". Every dog deserves that. Don't you EVER EVER get off your soapbox. Unless of course your mask distorts your view and you fall off. I would promise not to giggle. We have had 2 recycled pugs and I will have more one day.

THE PUGLET said...

Hiya Stubby,

I'm glad I'm not the only one up on the box. I worry about homeless dogs a lot. Not having your own human must really... suck.

I also feel a little guilty because my human can't foster homeless dogs anymore because of me. She says we'd get kicked out of our compartment if 2 dogs becomes 3. Then we'd all be homeless :(

THE PUGLET said...

Sorry Kimmy B!

I didn't mean to hurt your stomach OR make you leak. Hopefully your prayers & my post will help Lacey find a new life outside The Box.

In the meantime, I'll try to bring back some giggles.