Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK DAY

Another special-day for humans... and more confusion for me. I've learned that holidays are never what they seem so I just came right out and asked about this one.

ME: so, what is this special-day about?
MY HUMAN: MLK Day celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr.
ME: kinda like Christmas celebrates Santa Claus?
MY HUMAN: uhm, Christmas actually celebrates Jesus.


Jesus? Who the heck is Jesus?? I give up trying to figure this stuff out. But I did ask my buddy Google to tell me a little bit about Martin Luther King, Jr. I don't know a thing about Jesus, but MLK is waaay cooler than Santa Claus. I mean, Martin Luther King Jr gave his life to help all people be equal.

Yup. His life.

My human says I won't
get any new toys or eat pie on this special-day. But that's OK because this day is about MLK, not me.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Puglet,
I haven't written in a while. Hoep you, dutch and your human are well!
Jesus is actually far better than MLK! He gave his life to help people go to heaven. Now that is supercool!
Love reading about your holiday quandries.
How's the new chicky??
Maggie

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! What are you standing on in that picture? It looks very fall like and pretty.

Okay, MLK day is a day of service, right? What do you think my lazy mom is doing today? Helping me with my blog!

MLK was around before my time but I've heard all about him. He did give his life to help all people be equal and Mom says everyone could learn from him. Selfishness, above and beyond all things, is what he stood for.

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

There really is a lot to learn in life, huh? Especially if you're a human.

Sometimes I think the world would be a better place if dogs were in charge. And it'd be extrasuperbetter if *pugs* ruled.

THE PUGLET said...

Oh yeah -- that yellow stuff in the picture? Leaves from a Ginko tree. It's been really windy so the sidewalks by our house are covered with them.

Yesterday we went to a local school playground to take a picture of me with a mural of MLK, but the gates were locked and there were giant warning signs that said NO TRESPASSING and NO ANIMALS. My human isn't very good at breaking the rules (and the fence was too high to climb over)... so we settled on the Ginko leaves because they looked kinda special

karen and capone said...

Capone muses:

One nation under pug?
In pug we trust?