Monday, February 24, 2014

OPTIMISTIC


So, Dutch says I don't always 100% tell the truth. Like how I conveniently didn't mention eating a pink cupcake. Or that I liked it. Well, duh. Of course I don't. I mean, this isn't non-fiction. Nobody wants to read about every single freaking thing I do. So I just leave the boring stuff out. 

Of course Dutch thinks I'm lying about this too.

DUTCH: you also leave out all the bad stuff you do.
PUG: name one thing.
DUTCH: like last week when you rolled in a patch of superstinky dead stuff at the park and nobody would pet you because it looked like you were covered in poo and our human made you ride home wrapped in a towel because you smelled soooo gross she almost puked.
PUG: ok, name one other thing.

So I rolled in a litte death. Big deal. I got to take a bath when we got home and baths = cookies. Google says that's called being optimistic - and I'm pretty sure it's not the same as lying. 

Uhm, right?

15 comments:

Mercy said...

Oh Puglet! Forget ooptimistic... I think it's called being manipulative. Shame, shame, little guy!

Kisses, Kisses,
Mercy

PS Haven't I told you you Dutch is older and wiser?? You need to listen to the big studmuffin.

Anonymous said...

Your glass is always half full, Pug. Great choice and great attitude!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

We agree with you. And we think be optimistic is the best way to be.

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Hopper said...

I like baths because I love getting blow dried (on cool!). Total pug bliss! Also, it means extra petting and attention because my fur gets so soft.

Anonymous said...

Adorbs, just adorbs... you don't know how much we missed you...

XOXO

Sammy and Neko

Anonymous said...

I may be wrong, but for some reason I don't really think you rolled in something dead because you knew you would get a bath and then get cookies!! I give you props for trying to put a good spin on your little half truths!! Never a dull moment with Pug in the house :)

Ann, Fro, Molly & Cleo

Noodles said...

Puglet,
You are so right. Optimistic is not lying. It is looking on the bright side and that means you ignore the dark side. And that means you don't need to bring it up either - so by omission you are NOT lying. Prevaricating a little, maybe. . . but definitely NOT lying.
Love Noodles

Noodles said...

Puglet,
You are so right. Optimistic is not lying. It is looking on the bright side and that means you ignore the dark side. And that means you don't need to bring it up either - so by omission you are NOT lying. Prevaricating a little, maybe. . . but definitely NOT lying.
Love Noodles

Anonymous said...

My name should be Miss Gloom and Doom but I wish I had your take on life and a little white lie can't hurt. Dutch may have higher standards but you might have more fun.

Mubi Chitose said...

Hi, Puglet & Dutch
I just read on my FB timeline that there's some real evil person leaving poisoned meatball around dog walking area in SF.

Be extra careful, ok?
Here's the link to the article on Dogington Post

http://dogingtonpost.com/poisoned-meatballs-found-along-popular-san-francisco-dog-walking-path/#.UwvAveNdVzp

Carlos Santana said...

Puglet, you are so cute.

I love my baths because it is so wonderful to get dried by hand with warm towels by my slave. It can take two or more hours until I am dry, sheer bliss!

Being always optimistic is puggish - we are like this. This makes us so special.

Regards from Berlin,
your cousin Carlos Santana

Butch and Suncance said...

Oh Puglet...you make an extremely bad day worth smiling about....

Anonymous said...

Optimistic it is!

Eddie the Pug and his Mom said...

Such a funny boy, that Puglet!
Luvvies,
Eddie the Pug

Maggie and Lucy the Pugs in Dallas said...

Pug...you are the best at figuring things out! Optimistic is so the way to think!!!