Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WOE IS RAIN


It's raining. And it's supposed to rain again tomorrow. And the next tomorrow. And the tomorrow after that. This does not make me happy.

My human says California needs the rain. So do the plants and Miley's mom's well (whatever that is). She also says it could be much worse - we could be freezing our butts off on one of the Ice Coasts. And I guess that's true. But I'm still not happy about it.

Sigh.

Dutch suggested I write a poem about my feelings. Uhm. Yeah. Of course he did. I think this idea is kinda dumb but I don't want to go outside and get wet, so... here goes:

Ode to Rain

Rain, rain, go away
I hate this icky weather.
Maybe the rest of California needs you
but I like butt weather better.


I miss you, blue skies
wherever you are.
Please come back soon
because rain kinda sucks.


Not exactly sure how that was supposed to make me feel better but it did buy us a few more minutes of dry time on the couch. Next time your human tries to make you pee in icky weather, maybe suggest writing poems instead??

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Puglet. Wee Lola Pug thinks it's too cold to pee outside up here in Canada, so she's on a pee strike. Happy that you have some rain - now send some of that warmer weather our way?

Lots of love,

Lola Pug's Mama

Anonymous said...

Oh Puglet, Lola Pug has decided that's it's too cold to pee up here in Canada, so she's on a pee strike. Would you send some of your warm weather our way?

Lots of love,

Lola Pug's Mama

Unknown said...

Hi Puglet -

In MN, our rain came, and then froze. our backyard is awful - frozen rain that's twice as tall as us, sometimes more! at least your rain will dry up soon!!! Good luck peeing outside, we don't like peeing on frozen rain either, it's too cold!

Cleo and Lucy!

Unknown said...

Hi Puglet -

In MN, our rain came, and then froze. our backyard is awful - frozen rain that's twice as tall as us, sometimes more! at least your rain will dry up soon!!! Good luck peeing outside, we don't like peeing on frozen rain either, it's too cold!

Cleo and Lucy!

Anonymous said...

Is that legal in CA to show butts in public?? (or everything??)

Sammy and Neko

Butch and Sundance's Mom said...

Oh my Puglet, those shoes are adorable! You look so sad. But your post made me laugh so hard I snorted at work, and, my co-workers think I'm Mental....you could be in Wisconsin...19 below tonight...

Meredith LeBlanc said...

We want butt weather on the Ice Coast for sure.

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Sorry Gnat said...

whimsical post

The Baker said...

Don't worry, dear Puglet. More rain means more grass for cows. More grass for cows means more cowpies for you!

Maggie and Lucy the Pugs in Dallas said...

Sorry you are bummed out on all the rain! Cool you wrote a poem about it tho! Rain does suck and so tired of humans always saying we need it...need it for what is what I always say!

Jackie & Paco said...

Butt weather is definetly better! We would even love some "almost butt weather" here in Richmond Hill, Canada. At least you don't have to shovel the rain! I have to wear 2 coats AND boots to go out to do my duty. We are patiently waiting for warmer, non shoveling precipitation! P.S. You look soooo cute in those shoes!
Paco the Pug

Paula from DE said...

Puglet, My pug nephew Stan stayed at my house a few weeks ago after we had some pretty big snow. I shoveled a place in the grass out back and when I took him out there, well, he just pretty much said "not good enough!" Refused to poo, I knew he had to so after much searching for the "right spot" he finally found a spot next to the downspout at the side of the house where there was like 1/8 inch of grass showing through the snow. I feel your pain with the rain. I don't like it either, But snow and ice are worse for a pug. Wishing for sunshine pronto!

Ollie said...

More naked people!
Puglet, it's sunny but still -17.
Waaaahhhhh!!

Anonymous said...

Puglet, you found more abandoned shoes!!! how exciting for you.(r) human.

AllyB said...

We love your shoes Puglet!
xxxooo
LittleDog
Sam
Their Mom