Thursday, August 16, 2012

EMILY


I can't remember the last time my human took pictures of me with Nikon so I was superexcited when she picked up her camera bag this morning and said the magic words:

C'com Pug, let's go take some pictures.

She's still kinda broken so I knew we wouldn't be going on any sort of adventure. But I was still kinda confused when we walked across the street and stood next to a pole.

ME: here?
HUMAN: here.
ME: like this?
HUMAN: just like that.

A few clicks, one tiny little cookie and we were done. It seemed kinda weird, even for my human. So I asked why she wanted a picture of me and some pole. She picked me up so I could see what was going on at human-level.

There were some flowers:


And a little sign:


Then it all made sense. People were using the pole to remember a girl named Emily Dunn who died crossing our street this time last year. We didn't know Emily, but it was still a supersad day. People stuck flowers and pictures and notes to the pole for a long time after it happened. After awhile Emily's pole went back to being just a pole.

You'd think seeing the pole full of Emily again would make me feel sad, but seeing her all remembered like that made me all warm and fuzzy. So on the way back to our house I asked my human if she could take one last picture. She said there weren't any cookies left, but I didn't care.

In memory.
 Emily, this is for you. We never met, but I'm pretty sure you would have liked me. I don't have thumbs so I can't stick things to poles. But I can remember.

27 comments:

Noodles said...

What a nice way to remember Emily. I am sure she is smiling down on you from Heaven.
Love Noodles

Payton's mom said...

You are a sweet pug, Pug. And I think you are so handsome posing with the red and purple flowers - one of my new favorite DP photos.
Love,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Puglet, you made my eyes leak

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Oh Pug, we're all leaky too, that was super sweet of you.

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

stellaroselong said...

Ah puglet there is more to you than bacon..i knew it ..i just knew it...you took a beautiful picture for emily and said some very kind words!
stella rose

Anonymous said...

Puglet, you are such a kind and thoughtful super model. And you look very terrific next to all of those flowers.

Fritter from the Lo-Flo said...

You've been taking us on such a rollercoaster of emotions. From your excitement with Frank, to your manly construction day, and now your soft tender side showing. You are the full package Puglet!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Pug.
Lafayette Lola

pugfish said...

Beautifully put!
Joey, Sissygirl and Bucky

Anonymous said...

nicely done pug, nicely done.

Laura Bee said...

Beautiful post Puglet. You look soulful with those dahlia. (Keep in mind that your human remembered Emily next time you tease her about her gimpy brain.) xo, Otis Redding the Seattle shop dog

Sammy and Neko said...

I remember the post... leaky again. You are wonderful pug. Your humans is an angel. We love you both very very much.

Sammy and Neko

south shore pugs said...

We're sure Emily would have loved you as much as we do Puglet.

Love,
Rudy and Billie

Bruno and Diesel said...

Paw-some of you to help us all remember Emily, Puglet; I think she would have liked that =)
Yep, it's leaking all over the place here...
Love always, Bruno & Diesel♥♥♥
p.s. We hope your human is feeling much better!

lindamartin423 said...

Oh, Puglet. I lost an Emily last year, too. She was a lovely girl. You are so beautiful and have such a big heart. She would have loved you. If it is OK, I am going to send your picture to her dad.

Caitlin Williams, MFA, CPC said...

I've always thought, Puglet, that pugs have really huge hearts that barely fit into their stumpy little bodies. Maybe even bigger than their stomachs, and that's pretty big. This beautiful & soulful photo of you just proves my theory.
Here's a big *smooch* on your wrinkly pug face for being such a tenderheart!

Crabbie Chris said...

I remember mom texting or calling you to make sure you were ok when we heard that news on the TV. Mom was afraid it was you!
It was nice of you to remember Emily Pug...even if you never met.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Puglet, that last picture is so adorable.

Anne said...

My eyes are leaking too! Love you Puglet!

Lisa S. said...

What a beautiful thing to do. I hope that Emily's family somehow, someway gets to read this.

Pug, your human is a very lovely person. And you aren't so bad yourself! ;-)

PRL said...

Oh Pug, definitely leaking over here. I wish there was a way that Emily's people could see your post.

Janiepug said...

There are no limits to the love a pug can give. Prayers today for Emily, and all who love her. Thanks Puglet for telling me about Emily.

Sorry Gnat said...

Pugs care - no doubt about it; dearest post!

SpencerBartholomew said...

Puglet, we remember Emily too. Thank you for the beautiful pictures. Love, Spencer

Anonymous said...

Puglet, you are so thoughtful.
Sunny the pug

Anonymous said...

Puglet!
You made my momma leak all over the house, and in the car too. What should I do for her?
Love,
Daisy

Jersey Shore Puggles said...

A sincere remembrance.

All of Heaven is smiling down upon you, Puglet and thumbs too.

Riley, Roxi & Lea