Friday, April 17, 2009

TGIF

It's been a bad week for electronics here at Casa de Puglet.

It started when one of the computers caught a nasty virus. Then a
digital camera died. The cell phone came next. After listening to about a hundred conversations with Mr. Tech Support, I got bored and decided to entertain myself by removing the dead camera's memory card from the side of the dying computer. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

The card looked a
little bit like a Wheat Thin, only blue and covered in writing. I wasn't sure if it was edible. So I ate it.

At least I tried to eat it. A very loud "Leave it!" stopped me
after a two or three bites. Of course I did what I was told and immediately spit the memory card out. It was a little mangled, but still whole. Looked OK to me. Except all the pictures on it were deleted. Erased. Gone.

Ooops.

One cool thing
about technology is that "gone" doesn't always mean gone forever. My human was able to get all 295 pictures back using some basic file recovery software. Neither one of us knew this was possible. Both of us are real happy it is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You know what they say: "if it looks like a Wheat Thin and smells like a Wheat thin ..."

Okay, maybe not.

How cute!

Odysseus said...

Hi there,

I found that my mommy trade me for the stolen stuff with treats. I keep stealing, stealing and biting in front of her. :)

Do you check my blog?

THE PUGLET said...

Alison, you are SO right! As far as I'm concerned, if I can see it or smell it, might as well try to eat it.

And Ody >> people can see you on the internet too?? Cool! I thought I was the only one doing this blog thing. So much for being an early adopter.

I'll have my human check it out. Thanks!