Thursday, July 1, 2010

MISSING SURPRISES

Thanks for listening to Geraldo's, uh, I mean Dutch's "Camping Exposé" yesterday. I still don't see what's so awful about spending time in the great outdoors, but Dutch has made it very clear that he's never setting paw in the wilderness ever again. Unless there's an RV (??) involved.

Whatever.

I was so excited about our trip to Tahoe that it took me two whole days to notice a shopping bag with my name on it sitting in our livingroom. Can you believe my human forgot to give me half my birthday presents?? Forgetting a tent is one thing, but forgetting to give me a bag full of potentially edible birthday gifts? That's borderline unforgivable.

Especially when the bag of potentially edible treats is from Pugnacious (my new favorite non-wilderness place in the whole entire world) and has a package of dried salmon skins in it. HOLY COWPIES are these things TASTY. You have no idea. Really, you don't.

My human says the skins are the stinkiest thing she's ever smelled in her whole entire life, but that's probably what makes them taste so good. I already have stinky breath, so it's not like adding a little more stink is going to hurt anyone. Right?

There were other, less stinky, things in the bag too: a giant black hoof, some bullypenis, and Himalayan Yak milk chews (thanks BellaT for bringing the tastiness of Yak into my life!). I was hoping the green-lipped mussels from my human's mysterious Seattle trip would be in the bag too, but no such luck.

I wonder if the missing mussels means there are more surprises that Miss Gimpy Brain forgot about. Google says it's bad manners to ask someone to give you a surprise, so I'm not sure how to get my human to remember. Does anyone have experience retrieving missing surprises??


18 comments:

Mr. Puggle® said...

oh you are lucky puglet. mr. puggle would never be allowed to eat fish skins in the house. have fun with all your treats!

Odey said...

Leave hints around the house. Like a paper from Google about Seattle laying around. Or better yet, you could tell your human you're suddenly interested in learning about mollusks. That might jog the ole human-forgetfulness brain.

I'm assuming your weight is slimmed down enough for treats? Have all your adventures been working?

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Very Cute!!

Love 'da little bag wit yous name on it!!
Yous need some foods!! We hopes yous diet is over!!

Glads yous back from 'da elements!!

xoxoxo,
Josie, Izzy and Anakin Man

Unknown said...

Hi Puglet. One word for you: Yurts. Dutch gets a real bed and a roof over his head and you still get the camping experience. We have yurts at the Oregon state parks along the coast. It's a win-win!
Scoutie

THE PUGLET said...

Hmmmm. What's a mollusk?

I'm pretty sure I'm still fat but I think maybe my human forgot about that too? For awhile she was feeding me lots of veggies in my food, but lately it's been just normal food. I totally hope she doesn't remember about the diet!

Ellie, Bogie and Gertie said...

Wow Puglet, salmon skins are the best! We are Seattle pugs, and whenever mom gets a salmon steak for herself, we get the salmon skin. We practically swoon when she starts cooking it!

Anonymous said...

Puglet, I love how the flabbins (what we call the black hangy-thingys on our pug's face) bunch up when you're holding a package in your mouth. It's so cute! Your flabbins are extra bunchy!

Odey said...

A mollusk is another name for shellfish. And mussels are part of the mollusk family!

Miley said...

Hey Puglet,

Us wiser and older Dals like Dutch are the smart ones. I have told my mom that I will not being camping in anything less than an RV. I heard my mom tell your mom that you, Miley and her could stay in a tent and Dutch, myself and my mom would stay in a hotel. Now thats the camping I like no bugs, no dirt soft bed, and a lock door so that no bears can come in!! Maybe we could really rough it and stay in a motel.

Boka

Crabbie Chris said...

You are so lucky! Mom bought me some salmon treats before and thought they smelled so yucky! She said those are "grandma's treats." So whenever I go over to grandma's I get them!
So about those possible missing surprises? I think you should ORB her...you know stand by a picture of Seattle and ORB her mind. Or like turn on Fraiser...ORB her. Mom says it's like an old Alfred Hitchcock movie only with PugOVision.

Kitty+Coco said...

Wheweee, salmon skins would be outlawed in my house! You are lucky she let you have them for sure. Mom has even put the kebash on dad eating tuna in the house. Last time he did she couldn't stop dry heaving and she did not think it was very funny.
Gosh I wish we could visit Punacious. Pug, you are very lucky (minus the humans negligence in your present giving).
Sighs (Kitty) and Snorts (Coco)

Noodle said...

You're so lucky, Puglet. My humans went to Pugnacious this weekend, but all I got were sweet potato treats. They don't smell like anything, but I like them because they're fun to chew. I really won't turn down any treat. I asked my human why she didn't get me salmon skin treats. She claims she didn't see them, but then she started mumbling something about skins affecting her post traumatic stress from dissecting lots of baby salmon at work. What a weirdo. Doesn't sound like I'll be trying salmon skin anytime soon....

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! You always get the most interesting things to eat. There's no way Mom would ever let me eat fish skin but if my gimpyness lasts a little longer I may be able to talk her into anything. I'm milking it dude!

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

You should always, always, ALWAYS milk gimpiness for food! Now that I'm 2, I'v figured a few things out :)

Your human cut up baby salmon and didn't save the skins for you? I mean, I know you might not even have been born yet when the salmon-skinning happened... but still.

3pugs2luv said...

Our 4 year old human cousin has no problem with asking straight out for a surprise. He seems to get away with it too, despite what Google says about manners. You're only 2, so maybe manners don't apply until your like 5 or so. Usually if it's a surprise you really don't know anything about it, so maybe you can set a precedent for semi-surprises & go ahead & ask about them.
Will you be at PugSun this week? If you are we will take your b-day surprise to give to you.
Well good luck with the missing suprises.
Zoey & Phoebe

THE PUGLET said...

OOH, Z+P - maybe your 4 year old cousin could have a talk with my human? Then I won't get in trouble for having no manners! Problem solved!

Yes - we'll be at pugsun! And I'd love to meet your surprise. They're kind of addicting :)

Anonymous said...

Puglet you are just about the best part of the day! Hope you enjoy your Birthday presents.

Anonymous said...

hhhhhhhhi pUGlet''s Hooman!!!1 this is IsaiAH. IM ZOey & Phobe's human cousin. Puglet wwaantss his sURPRISES. pLEESE GIVE themm to himm. Sssssssorry about the typing IM 4 & THEy wont let mee do thisssss by myself.

IsaIah