Tuesday, March 2, 2010

ANATOMY OF A BULLYSTICK

The last time we hiked with the cows I got in serious trouble for trying to chase a bull. I know I'm not allowed to chase momma cows with babies, but the whole bull thing? News to me. I mean, I didn't even know what a bull was until I got yelled at for chasing one.

ME: Whaddya mean? That's a cow!
HUMAN: No - it's a
bull.
ME: Looks like a cow to me. How do you know it's a bull and not a cow?
HUMAN: Because bulls have, uh, bully sticks and cows don't.

Hearing that just totally confused me. I've eaten lots of bullysticks and can't imagine how those things on the bull's head could be made into bullystick. So, I gave my friend Buford a shout. He's the official taster for Buford's Bullies and I'm pretty sure that makes him an expert.

Here's what Buford had to say:

Wow. That's cool that you got to see a Bully Stick in it's raw stage, except I think you are a little confused. Although they do make a dog treat out of deer horns (otherwise known as antlers), the Bully Stick on the
bull is poking out of his belly kinda. Just don't run up to a bull and try to taste it cause I think the bull would get REALLYSUPERCRAZY MAD!!!!!!!!!!! (and probably try to hit you with those things on his head, which would hurt too).

I still don't understand why I'm not allowed to chase the bulls. But at least now I know where bullysticks come from. And how to tell the bulls from the cows so I don't get in any more trouble.


* * *

FLATTIE NEWS!
Today the Flat me takes Chicago!! I met the natives, saw some really cool sights and hung out in the snow with my new Chi-town friends Klaus & Natty.

(the real me never knew there was so much snow out there!)

Run over to flatpuglet.com to read all about it...

15 comments:

Crabbie Chris said...

Morning Puglet, I love my bullysticks. When I first got home at a wee little 7 weeks, mom tried to give me one and all I did was run around it and bark. It was so silly she had to video it, and of all humiliations, stuck it on her facebook. I'm so happy I realized I had to chew on it! It's soooo yummy and mom always buys me different shapes and sizes. I've never had one as big as the one you share with Dutch, but then again I don't have a Dutch at home to share it with.
I still can't believe how brave you are to run around with cows, Jenny must be impressed with how brave you are. Please stay away from bulls though, I would be sad if they hurt you.
P.S. Love seeing Dutch in pictures, he's sooo cute.

THE PUGLET said...

Yeah - the bully in the picture was HUGE. It was so big, Dutch couldn't get it through the doors in our house. He's very cute but not so smart, so he'd just stand there stuck in the doorway.

My human had to cut it in half. WITH A SAW!

Mr. Puggle® said...

YEAH CHICAGO!!!!! Can't wait to get my flattie! I can't for the life of me figure how you get those doggies to pose. I think a behind the scene youtube video would be great for your next shoot. :)

Smushie Ranch said...

Oh Puglet... I just don't know what to say. You can't go chasin' bulls!! They can hurt you. And for crimney, don't try to bite their stick!

Stella

THE PUGLET said...

Hi Mr Puggle!

Today's picture was kinda hard because Dutch is a wimp and he kept letting go of the bullystick any time I tugged on it.

I like the behind-the-scenes video idea. Everyone thinks my human is the talented one because she has the camera. WRONG. I just make her look good. It's allll me.

THE PUGLET said...

Don't worry S,G&B -

I don't need to eat wild bullysticks - this great big one The Man got us is going to last FOREVER.

Lola said...

That picture is sooo funny! My mom just about fell over in the pet food store when she saw how big some of the bullysticks were. Unbelievable! Glad you found a yummier treat than sweet potato. I agree- you should stay away from wild bullysticks.
Lafayette Lola

Momo said...

Oh wow, two Illinois flatties already? One in Mundelein and now Chicago? I signed up to host, but I'm about 40 minutes away or so in Palatine, IL. Maybe Flat Puglet shouldn't visit me and visit someone farther away.

Anonymous said...

Puglet
I just went to the bully stick site and they have discontinued them for quality control reasons....is this really true??

THE PUGLET said...

Looks like the discontinued bullies are only the great big fat ones ("supreme"). The normal ones are still good.

Dutch prefers the smaller ones anyway. Me? I prefer all/any of them.

Buford T. Justice said...

Hi Puglet,

My human spit out her coffee when she read your post this morning!!!!! Didn't expect to see my Bully Stick Wisdom up on the computer screen I guess. I'm superextraglad you stayed away from the bull too. I may be an expert but I'm never gonna try to catch a Wild Bully Stick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the post right before this one. Sorry, I'll have my human clarify a little bit better on our website. We have only discontinued a couple types of the Bully Sticks we carry. We still have PLENTY other types left on the site. Recently we have received some that were supposed to be Odor Free but they definitely where not!!!!!!!!!! So we have found a better kind and will have them in stock within a few days.....(I don't mind the stinky ones but my human says "No Way!!!!!! Not in the house!!!!!!!!")

And by the way...... I've seen those extra long bully sticks and they are HUGE! Kinda gives you an idea of how big a Bull actually is!!!!! SCARY

Your Pal,
Buford T. Justice and the Pack O' Pugs

THE PUGLET said...

Oh Momo,

Don't worry. Flat Puglet can still visit you! Right now he's doing laps around some weird CA-IL-NJ triangle, so he'll be visiting the same state more than once. No two visits are alike though - trust me, I've heard about them!

THE PUGLET said...

Hey Buford T ~

Sorry dude, I probably should have asked if you were speaking 'on the record'. Thanks for clearing up the confusion about the sticks on your website. I know they are tasty!!

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! I'm not such a big fan of bully sticks and I don't know why. I've had one for several months and sometimes I chew on it but most of the time it just hangs out on the floor. Maybe FP would have liked to chew on it.

I love that FP was in Chicago and at the Bean no less. That's so cool! I almost wish he could come back to Mundelein but I know he has lots of other places to visit.

Stubby xoxo

Pee-s: Brutus is doing a world tour with his flattie. His human is donating $5.00 to a Frenchie rescue for every trip he makes.

SpencerBartholomew said...

Whoa...that's quite a bullystick Puglet! I get lots of them bullysticks and my favorite is the swirly one, have you tried that one yet? I make my humans hold them for me while I chew on it. Sometimes they are smelly and the humans are reluctant to hold those ones; I say the smellier the better!