Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BYE FRANK, HELLO YAK!

Frank was supposed to go home on Sunday, but ended up staying a few more days. I love Frank and will be very very VERY sad to see him go, but there's a part of me that kinda can't wait for him to leave.

Because of these:



Himalayan Yak Milk chews. Google says they are an "edible treat that keeps the attention of even the most powerfully neurotic canine jaws". Miss Bellatrix bought them as a surprise for me and Dutch. She gave them to my human last weekend at Pug Sunday, which just so happened to be the same day Frank came to our house.

My human said since there were now three dogs and only two Yak thingys, we couldn't eat our treats until Frank went home. Frank, I love you man, but seriously? A week is a reeeeally long time to have to wait for a treat. Honestly though, I think it will betotally worth the wait.

These Yak Milk things smell soooooo insanely good. Google says they're made for humans to eat and we all know that human food is always super tasty. Extra good news is
Yak thingys are low-fat and seem to last forever. I think they should be the official treat of pugs!

Thanks to Bellatrix, I think I'm going to have a new favorite chew thing! If you want to try one, I found a place on
the internet called Helping Udders that donates money to rescues for every chewy thing they sell. Kinda cool for everyone, huh?

* * *

F
LATTIE NEWS!

Tod
ay Flat Puglet visits two sweet Chicago puggirls named Gen & The Foo. He learns that snow can be really fun, has his first brewski and doesn't melt in a sauna!

You can read about it here on flatpuglet.com.

13 comments:

Noodle said...

Hi Puglet!

I can totally vouch for those yak sticks! I love 'em! My new human brings me with her to work everyday so I have a yak stick at work and a yak stick at home. I've been working on both for 3 weeks now and I'm only about half-way through them! My human likes them because they're not as "messy" as some of my other chew snacks. Also, thanks for the tip. I'm gonna ask my human to check out Helping Udders! There might be a "finder's fee" in it for me!

Hope you're feeling better,
Noodle

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

You have to wait a week for a treat.....ahhh I would goes crazy!

Sequoia

THE PUGLET said...

Whoa. 3 weeks?? I've never had a chewy thing last more than 45 minutes.

Frank countdown: 5 hours, 46 minutes.

(sorry dude, I love you but...)

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! Those yak chews look delicious! That was so cool of Bellatrix to buy them for you. I'm heading over to the website to check them out.

Frank probably misses his human and can't wait to go home. I know you had a great time with him but he can't stay at your place forever, right?

OMD, I almost forgot to tell you. The most amazing thing happened today. Josie emailed me this morning inviting me to her house on Sunday! I couldn't believe me ears when Mom read me the email. I'm going to see my Josie!

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

Frank leaves in 2 hours, 32 minutes. I'll give you all the low-down on the yak chew thingy ASAP.

OMD, Stubbs! That is SO incredible. I sent Jenny a flat me the other day ~ is the most I can hope for :(

SpencerBartholomew said...

Yea, I'd go nuts if I had to wait that long for a treat. I've never heard of a yak treat but I bet I would like one... I love the chewing sticks I get... never had one that lasted more than a week! Kudos to you, Puglet, for being so patient. Maybe you deserve two yak treats for being such a good Pug? By the way- love the picture of you three boys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip Puglet. My yak milk chew is on the way, and I also got a tug toy too!

-Tobee

Anonymous said...

Puglet,
My mom checked out the website and when you check out you can put a rescue group in and they will get part of the money. My mom signed up Northern California Dalmatian Rescue. So that an even better reason to shop at this website!

Love
Miley,
pss do you know where I can find some brakes?

Smushie Ranch said...

Hi Puglet, we're gonna kinda miss Frank too. Maybe your mom could takes some pictures of him from time to time.

We're gonna look up those tasty treats! Thanks for sharin'.

Gunther

THE PUGLET said...

Hi Tobee!

I haven't tasted the yak thingy yet, but I bet it tastes better than green beans :)

Hope you like it!

THE PUGLET said...

Frank just went home. My human says it's too late to start chewing on yak stuff. So now I don't have a yak treat OR Frank.

What the ???

Mollie Jo and Bobo said...

What a fantastic treat.


Wags and Licks,
Mollie Jo & Bobo

Crabbie Chris said...

hiya Puglet...my mom and dad went on vacation and took a FP?!? What's with that...they couldn't take me? I'm at grandmas and had to wait until mom and dad got back. Grandma isn't too good with the computer. Mom is glad you found them online..hope you like them