Tuesday, February 2, 2010

HELP FOR HOPE


* * * SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT * * *


Hey everybody, sorry for doing this to you
but...

I JUST got another email about a pug in need. Serious need. I haven't broken my New Year's Revolution to help needy pugs and will be making a donation... but I haven't become famous yet and can only give so much.

I normally wouldn't ask anyone to hand over their treat money, but if you might have a few extra dollars to spare, read Hope's story. It made me, brother Dutch AND my human cry.

The photo of Hope is very terrible to look at so I made it as small as I could. If you really want to see why I'm here telling you about all this - click on the photo to see a bigger version.
But don't say I didn't warn you about the leaking.

Thanks (and sorry for making everyone sad)

Hope has literally been through hell and back in the last few days. Tuesday morning Hope was found abandoned and tied to a local veterinary office. She was in shock from pain, and was barely responsive. They found she had a major eye injury leaving her eye hanging from her socket, infected, bulging, bleeding, and in need of removal before she died from the pain and infection.

If only she could tell us her story. If she could, maybe we could understand or at least try to understand how a pug ends up in the condition she was found in. How could anyone tie a pug who is suffering so badly to a door and drive away?

It is beyond comprehension to us at SNPR [Southern Nevada Pug Rescue]. Even after the hardship cases we have seen, it never gets easier knowing this type of abuse and neglect goes on [...].

At first we were quoted $3,000 dollars to save this little girl and we struggled with the thought of literally depleting our bank account to save her, or letting the vet turn her over to Animal Control which would for sure mean certain death for her.

Needless to say, we rushed over to her and got her to our vet within the hour to get her eye removed and get her on the path to recovery. Although we will receive a huge discount from our wonderful vets, we are still looking at approximately $1,500 - $2,000 to save Hope. Hope needed our help. Therefore, we need your help!


Please consider donating any amount of money you can to help SNPR treat this little pug who has been through so much. All donations are tax deductible. We will post more pictures tomorrow, and an update on how our little fighter does in surgery.

To see more pictures of Hope and to donate if you can.....


19 comments:

pugsmom said...

Puglet,
Maybe the people who owned Hope knew they couldn't afford to fix her when she got hurt. Maybe they left her in a place where they thought she could get help and drove away crying because they loved her so much. I know it's hard to think that a sweet pug like Hope could be left tied to a door, but it might have been the best they knew to do. I will try to help Hope too. She is lucky to have a compassionate friend like you Puglet.
Pheobe

THE PUGLET said...

You're right Phoebe. And you are very thoughtful and kind for pointing that out.

I never knew this until now, but my human used to work at a vet. She says people left "Hopes" on their doorstep all the time. I guess not everyone knows there are rescues who can help when things get really bad.

When I become famous I will raise money AND awareness!!

Ollie said...

Oh Puglet, Hope's sad story inspired me to send some cookie money her way. A few cookies multiplied by many paws equals something extraordinary, like hope for Hope. That's why I love the Cookies for Needy Canines Revolution.

THE PUGLET said...

Awww, thanks Ollie!

Canadian cookie money is even better because of that exchange rate thingy too, huh?

Your cookie dollars are going to a good cause. I mean, can you imagine how scared Hope must have been when her humans left her her to the vet? And with her all hurt like that?? Makes me leak...

Ollie said...

Hope's story is truly heartwrenching (no one could read that and not leak) but there's a happy ending here and I love happy endings, especially when I can help make them happen (thanks to you)!
You're Puglet, the Canine Defender, bringing awareness and assistance to dogs in need everywhere. Keep up the good work!

3pugs2luv said...

Help is on the way! We don't have a lot of money but we sent all that we had & hopefully more when we get some. We know how difficult to pay for vet emergencies & want to help in anyway we can to raise money. thanks for caring & looking our for pugs & animals everywhere

Luv, Zoey, Phoebe & our Human

THE PUGLET said...

Thanks a bunch! Money at our house is tight too (stupid recession) but every single donation helps, no matter small.

Zoey, Phoebe ~ we'll talk at PugSun about making me rich and famous so I won't have to ask anypug to hand over their cookie money.

Anonymous said...

Our house made a donation to Hope last night. SNRP is very close to our heart and we thank you Puglet for helping them out!!! YOU ROCK!!! Pug Hugs, Las Vegas Lola and Family

Diana, The Doggy Mommy said...

I felt the same thing about the previous owners. If they really hurt her would they have cared that she got help. Who knows what really happened and I don't want to. I am praying for her speedy recovery and that who ever dropped her off can read about her and will have peace in there hearts.
I know hope is in good hands.

Saira said...

Thank you for posting this!! I'm a board member with SNPR, and we really appreciate it. Hope made it through surgery today, had her eye removed, some broken teeth pulled, and she also had other injuries as well. We are making sure she will never be hurt again! It looks like a person did this to her. An update should be posted shortly, with new pictures as well.

Anonymous said...

Thank You Puglet for sharing Hope's story. Although it made our eyes leak terribly we are pleased to know she is on her way to recovery. How inspiring to know people care and enough money was raised to help her. Since there are lots of pugs out there who need help, my boy is going donate some money to our local Portland Pug Rescue.
Chet

THE PUGLET said...

Hiya Chet -

Sorry about the leaking, but I think it's supercool you're going to make a donation to your local pug rescue.

Do you really live in Portland? My Jenny lives in Portland....

*sigh*

Anonymous said...

We saw and were horrified by Hope's story. While I appreciate reading all of the comments and want to beleive that someone was trying to do her good by leaving her tied to the vets door, the fact that she was left outside to serve as a breeding factory just infuritaes me. Our second puglet, Wally, was treated just the same. As a result, he is now blind and deaf but he was resucued by Pug Pros and fostered by our two amazing friends Rex and Tony before we adopted him. We see everyday with Wally what this type of abuse does to a baby. I am so impressed at how the community of pug lovers came together to help little Hope. We would adopt her ourselves if she were available. I just discovered this newsletter and love it. What a great way to stay connected!

Tom Bauer (owned by Niko and Wally) said...

We saw and were horrified by Hope's story. While I appreciate reading all of the comments and want to beleive that someone was trying to do her good by leaving her tied to the vets door, the fact that she was left outside to serve as a breeding factory just infuritaes me. Our second puglet, Wally, was treated just the same. As a result, he is now blind and deaf but he was resucued by Pug Pros and fostered by our two amazing friends Rex and Tony before we adopted him. We see everyday with Wally what this type of abuse does to a baby. I am so impressed at how the community of pug lovers came together to help little Hope. We would adopt her ourselves if she were available. I just discovered this newsletter and love it. What a great way to stay connected!

THE PUGLET said...

Hiya Tom, Niko & Wally!

You're right, what happened to Hope is totally unforgivable. You know how pugs can be though - we try to see the good side of everything. My human says our glasses are too full.

Whatever that means.

saira said...

We posted an update on our page, and hopefully an even better one will be posted tonight. She is doing amazing, she is so sweet and loves everyone she meets. She was actually prancing around today when her foster mommy went to visit her. She is much more forgiving than I would be! Again, thank you all for thinking of her.

THE PUGLET said...

Hope looks soooooooo much happier in her "after" photos.

Be sure to check out the update -- and her suuuuper cute smile!!

http://www.rescuepugs.com/adoptme.htm

Anonymous said...

ya, i live close to portland.you should check out me and my boy'S blog, we love your's and i'm glad to help pugs in need.

Bonnie Girl said...

Hi everyone, it is me, HOPE. I got the bed you sent me Puglet Thanks to you and your human mom for the bed and everyone who contributed to my medical bills. The humans at SNPR are sooo nice and got me the care I needed. I have a new forever home and I am doing great. We started a blog. It is http:/hopethepug.blogspot.com. That way we can update everyone on how I am doing. Thanks again for all the support.