Wednesday, June 3, 2009

HE'S BAAAAACK!

Hey everybody!

A great big thanks to everyone for being so concerned about me. Makes me feel even special-er than usual... even if I do look like a great big dork with this cone thing on me head.

Head-cone aside, my trip to the vet wasn't that bad. First I got to watch a video of my heart (it looked like a blob, but the doctors didn't seem too worried about that). Then a man in blue pajamas gave me a shot of something and I took a nap. Had some really weird dreams about vacuum cleaners and jellyfish, then woke up to the big smiling face of the blue pajama guy. He seemed really happy to see me and gave me another shot. After that everything just felt.... goooood.

The feeling didn't last, but I'm feeling OK. Not loving this head cone thing, but my human says it's to stop the licking. I tried to tell her I'm not licking - just checking stuff out. But she doesn't believe me. Says I'm a faker.

Uhm. Anyway. I don't really feel any different without my boy parts.
Some humans at the park said I'd feel lazy and act like a slug, but I don't think so. Dutch says now that my parts are gone, dogs will stop picking on me for being a boy. Even my friend Google says it's better not to have the parts. Not sure about being a lazy slug, but I do like the sound of not getting beat up.

Parts or no parts, it's good to be home. Thanks for keeping brother Dutch entertained while I was away. He can be kinda needy and I was worried he'd be a little lost without me around.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a natural, pug! Your collar looks like you're a morning glory with a face! You've got a face everyone could love.

Rosie the Party Pug said...

Sooo good to see you up and around! I'm getting my girl parts taken away this month. It's nice to hear it's not as scary as it sounds!

THE PUGLET said...

Ooooh, I don't know anything about GIRL parts, Rosie!

Let me know how it goes, OK?

Oh - and don't try the heart attack trick. Definitely not a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Oh Rosie,

This is a human and I have a pugy named Rosy but she spells her name different. She went and got her girl parts out and it was no big deal. She wasn't supposed to jump and she did it anyway, so it took awhile longer for her ouchie to heal, so make sure to listen to your human when she says "no" and you will do just fine. She got a treat from the dr. and he have her good pain meds that made her feel just great!

Tiff

Puglet said...

Good advice, Tiff.

I'm not supposed to jump either, but I'm so short it's hard not to.

Getting pretty used to the word "no"...

Unknown said...

Hi Puglet - we are glad everything went okay and hope you are feeling better soon! Howie Pee Pugpants said if it helps, he will mail you his little sister Anniebelly. She is fat and makes a great pillow. ; )

THE PUGLET said...

Ooooh, I'd like an Anniebelly pillow!

Usually I'm the pillow ~ brother Dutch sleeps on me all the time.