Thursday, June 13, 2013

SKINNY TREATS?


So I guess my human felt bad about feeding me a sympathy banana and decided to bring home something actually worth eating. At least that's what I thought when she said she said the magic word.
Then I saw the bag.

ME: it says it's for skinny pets...
DUTCH: that's me!
ME: in skinny PINK letters?
DUTCH: must be for me!

First bananas, now this? Seriously. Not cool, human. Not cool. And I was about to tell her just how not cool she is when Dutch started bragging at me about skinny-ness.

DUTCH: oooooh - even the rice is skinny.
ME: huh?
DUTCH: and famous!
ME: give me that freaking bag.

Dutch was right. Right there on the bag: contains our famous skinny rice. But it also says helps support healthy weight and you know those are just code words for it's ok to eat a lot of them. Even if you're not the skinny one.

Woot!
Sooooo glad I found this out before telling my human how uncool she is. Especially since these turned out to be some of the most eatable treats I've ever tasted in my whole entire life. Like Top 5 best. Ever. Like so good I got in trouble for almost taking off a finger.

Yeah. That good.

The bad news is my human bought these ridiculous treats at some store called TJ Maxx. It's where she buys our poop bags (super cheap!) but it's not a dog store. And they don't always have the same stuff or an internet place to shop in. So I'm not sure if I'll ever see these treats again. Or if you'll be able to see them, ever.

But if you do see Skinny Pet treats, you should absolutely 100% totally buy them. Even if you're not skinny.

16 comments:

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Dutch should supermodel for them since they like pink so much! Then again, he doesn't like the camera, so you should do it Pug! Because you certainly are svelte :)

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Unknown said...

Puglet, my mom buys our poop bags at TJ Maxx too. The next time she goes I'll remind her about the Skinny treats. If she can find them do you want me to send you some? (Well, if Lucy and I don't eat them all first!)

C. Penfold McGee

Butch and Sundance said...

Oh puglet...we think you look fabulouse...we would share our super-duper treats with you anyday. OUr human found this lady at the farmers market that makes dog treats....HOly pugness, they are the best! Too bad you don't live near Wisconsin :( But, guess what, we will have a couple for you today!

Jazz Girl Pug said...

Gus here...sadly, Guardian says this has rice and fish. I would love to eat them, but my body gets all sickly if I do. Hey, Guardian told me to tell you there's an Apple BACON flavor!(Fruitables - Skinny Minis Apple Bacon Chewy Treat 5 oz). That has rice and sweet potatoes--both on my "no eat" list. :(

beebop said...

Skinny dog treats are made in San Francisco. http://skinnydogtreats.com/ Maybe they're in your neighborhood.

beebop said...

Skinny Dog Treats are made in San Francisco, maybe down the street from you. http://skinnydogtreats.com/

Anonymous said...

We wish our mom would buy salmon treats but since she never ever eats anything that swims we don't get swimmy stuff either. Our mom made turkey jerky last night; guess turkeys don't swim ??
Ellie, Emmitt and Eli your buds from San Antonio

Anonymous said...

Oh, mom buys poop bags at Big Lots, not sure if you have one of these stores by you. With 3 dogs in the house mom uses lots of poop bag.
E,E & E from San Antonio

beebop said...

Skinny Treats are made in SanFrancisco. http://skinnydogtreats.com/

Hope you find them.

Maggie and Lucy the Pugs in Dallas said...

OH!!! We have TJ Maxx here...I know what you mean when you say they don't always have the same stuff...my human goes there all the time! I would love for my sister Lucy and I to try those, even tho I'm the one that is always told to watch what I eat!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, thanks for the tip! I am definitely not skinny but am prepared to be open-minded on your recommendation. My experience is that skinny usually means 'not tasty but better than nothing. Kind of.' Maybe you could be a food critic. What could be a more perfect job for a pug?
Your Friend, Chubby T. Pug

cristina said...

The lady found chicken skinny treats at tj max and I just love them! Thanks for the tip!
-Rocky

Those Jersey Shore Puggles said...

When you gona let Dutch do his blog day?

Anonymous said...

Puglet, It is now June 19 and you have been silent since your skinny treat post. I vetoed wordless wednesday and now we have a wordless week, please tell me it is just a mistake. xxx

Butch and Sundance said...

Miley's Mom....we are starting to worry...no daily puglets this week :( Just hoping everything is okay in Casa De Puglet!!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know whats going on here???