Thursday, June 6, 2013

THE WHOLE THING


Wild Game Night didn't happen yesterday because my human said there was no way she could eat her meat after touching chicken feet. I wasn't exactly happy about having to wait another 12 hours to eat feet, so I woke my human up extra early this morning.

ME: OH NO! I think Mazda is getting a ticket.
HUMAN: street cleaning isn't until tomorrow Pug. Let me sleep.
ME: but it's also chicken feet time.
HUMAN: (silent, grumpy)

This did not make her happy. But at least she was awake. And when it comes to thumbs, sometimes awake is all that matters. But before we could eat, we had to go for our morning walk. I suggested we bring the feet along and eat them at the park. Y'know, just in case they leave a bloody mess on the kitchen floor. 

Aw, Pug. That's so nice of you, my human said.

Of course I didn't really care about a mess. I just wanted to eat feet ASAP. So we get to the park. My human takes a bunch of stupid pictures, then hands me a foot. I even get the bigger one because Dutch's stomach is wussy and I'm "a blender". Whatever that means.

OK. If you've never eaten a chicken foot before, it's not exactly easy. I gave it a few chews but nothing happened. A few more chews. Nothing. So I did what any pug with half a brain and an empty stomach would do - and swallowed it.

Whole.

Swallowing a chicken foot whole isn't all that much easier than chewing it, but after a few big gulps it was in finally my belly.

Yes, whole.

HUMAN: did you just swallow that WHOLE ENTIRE THING!?
ME: yeah
HUMAN: the WHOLE THING?!?
ME: yeah
HUMAN: WHOLE?!?

I could tell by the way she kept saying WHOLE that I probably shouldn't have swallowed the foot without chewing it first. And I'm pretty sure she will kill me if we end up at the emergency vet 12 hours from now with a whole entire chicken foot stuck in my belly. But for now I'm a pug with a belly full of chicken foot.

Life is good.

21 comments:

Beatrix's Mom said...

Oh Puglet... the whole thing at once? ::sigh:: Maybe not the best choice.

Hopefully you won't need the vet and can just poop it out. Ankle first. (Do chicken's have ankles?)

J'espère que tu es en bonne santé !
Bisous
Beatrix

Vivian said...

Oh Puglet, I really hope you'll be ok after taking in a whole chicken foot in your belly. Fingers and toes and feet crossed here ....

Anonymous said...

OK, that picture is SUPER CREEPY!!!

moPSY+MISIOber said...

OMP !!!!! This is HORROR!!! Whole feet????? Hope you'll be fine !!!

Barbara said...

Okay...I have them in the freezer. If you liked them, I guess my dogs will too.

A belly full of foot. Sounds comfy.

Ollie said...

Well....I'm definitely not getting dried chicken feet now.

You know Munch's painting The Scream? That was my human after viewing today's photo.

Hope your stomach does a good grinding job and you have a painless poop.

Noodles said...

Hey Puglet
What is the big deal with CHEWING? I never do.
Love Noodles

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Yikes! How did you swallow a whole chicken foot???? Like, really? And did your human get it on video???

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Maggie and Lucy the Pugs in Dallas said...

Oh life is good with a belly fully of chicken foot! Man oh man Pug you are something...we might like to try that chicken foot but doubt it will ever happen in our house. You are so lucky! Well, maybe not if you end up at the emergency vet later....guess we'll know soon!

Anonymous said...

ut oh pug

Jazz Girl Pug said...

OMIGawd...this is what Gus did. Only not chicken feet, but a bully stick. Guardian was freaked out--she thought it was gonna 1) get stuck in his throat forever 2)poke a hole in his tummy or guts and/or 3)get barfed all over the house...or maybe the same from the other end of Gus if you know what I mean. But for all of Gus's other health problems, it seems his stomach acids are like Ironman. All in all, you'd never know he swallowed a 4 inch bully stick in one gulp (maybe 2). So we hope you have an Ironman tummy, too, Pug!

Anonymous said...

I love you Pug. You really do need more food. Hope that everything comes out ok.

Jasper, Sarge, and Pepper said...

I'm so glad to hear that picture is chicken feet. I thought it was someone's swollen hands. I was a little scared for your human for a minute!

Paula from DE said...

In one gulp? That's amazing! You should enter one of those eating competitions.

Butch and Sundance said...

Oh Pugelt...you make us laugh every day....we certainly hope that foot comes out the right end :))))

Buford T. Justice said...

Bambi has eaten LOTS of Chicken feet whole......That's why she doesn't get them anymore....lol The Human can't stand the worry.....

Buford T. Justice

Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

The powers of a pug stomach never cease to amaze me. My Doug the Pug has eaten whole: a 2 inch chicken BONE, a 3 inch watermelon rind, stuffed animal foam the size of a baseball... the most fun part, they have all also come out WHOLE! Good luck with that pug... and human!
xx

Pug Slope said...

I would have loved to see some video of you gulping that chicken foot. Although it sounds like you would have needed a high-speed camera based on how fast it went down!

-Love,
Sid.

Sammy and Neko said...

Our mama is against any feet eating, why? Whatever taste good, we should eat 'em!!!!!!
She loves to cook liver and chicken gizzerds tho..

Neko

BadAnnie said...

Holy Dog! chicken feet need to be boiled for a long time so they are tender and the meat is falling off the bones. Did you eat the toenails too?? OH PUG!! It's gonna hurt to poop!

Rocky's Mom,
Chef Annie

Holdin27 said...

You at the bones!