Monday, October 19, 2009

IT'S CALLED A FESTIVAL

----
The Polls are FINALLY open!
Vote Pug:
http://tinyurl.com/yk6kdee
----

Remember the super-pumpkin from last week? Well, over the weekend there was a great big party for it down in Half Moon Bay (brother Dutch is telling me the technical term for it is Pumpkin Festival). They have this party, uh Festival, every October to celebrate pumpkins and raise money for stuff like town parks and trees.

I'd never been to a festival before, but sign me up for all future ones! There were a gazillion people (I got kissed and pet and Awwwwwed-over by about half of them), cool things to look at (Dutch says it's called Art - apparently this wasn't his first festival) and LOTS of tasty snacks all over the ground for dogs to eat.

I'm new to this whole pumpkin thing, but they're kinda cool. For one, you can eat them. I found a piece of pie on the sidewalk -- all I can say is YUM. And if you have a great big knife, tons of patience and a whole bunch of time, you can turn a pumpkin into just about anything. Like this scary man that Dutch was afraid of (and I barked at):

---
CUTE CONTEST UPDATE:

While we were at the festival, me & brother Dutch campaigned hard. We wore our halloween costumes (a HUGE hit) and passed out hundreds of Vote Pug! cards. Lots of people got very excited and promised to help Team Puglet win.

There was some SNAFU and the contest people didn't post my picture until TODAY so we lost a whole day of voting yesterday. Booo! Sorry to anyone who went to vote & couldn't :( First Hansen's made us wait all day, and now this. Why are all these contest people so slow??

7 comments:

Meg n Lola in Las Vegas said...

Go Team Puglet! We were vote #9! We hope you win so you can help the puggies. Pug Hugs, Lola in Las Vegas

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! It looks like you had a great time at the pumpkin festival. I need to get some pumpkin pie because when Mom eats it she says YUM too.

I'm having problems registering to vote for your picture. Mom is going to try registering with her e-mail and hopefully it works. Time is ticking!

Stubby xoxo

Rosie the Party Pug said...

We're having technical difficulties also. We want to start voting now!!!

Paula said...

We are vote #31 today, will vote again tomorrow! We love pumpkinfests too. Glad you had such a good time.

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! My technical difficulties have been fixed. I just voted on the computer and now Mom is going to vote on the phone.

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

Arrugh!!! I liked it better when we had our OWN cute contest. No technical difficulties. No waiting. Just happy, no-hassle cuteness.

My human said we got almost 50 emails from people who tried to register/vote but couldn't :(

Thanks for being so persistent. Didn't mean for this to be a pain in the you-know-what.

THE PUGLET said...

Stubby - how's your mom's pumpkin carving going? I think the giant scary man-pumpkin would have been much better as a pug.

See those little books in the picture? They are regular book size. The pumpkin was 1000lbs!