Friday, October 23, 2009

SWAMPTHING & SLIMEBUCKET


---
NEW PICTURES :)
My human didn't have her normal camera when we went in the pond, so she had to use her phone to take our pictures. Took a little while to figure out how to get pictures off her phone, but here we are in all our slimy, swampy glory.
---

So we were at the park yesterday and I saw a man with a special camera just like the one The Visitors had. And it looked like he was pointing it a
t me.

I wasn't sure what to do, so I told brother Dutch... who totally panicked and told me to make a break for it.
I had no idea what that meant, so I just did what he did. Which was jump into the duck pond. Which was really NOT a good idea because it made my human pret-ty mad.

Guys! EEEEW. Get OUT of that gross pond. NOW!

We'd never jumped in the pond before, how were we supposed to know the water was going to be so stinky? And green. And slimy. I tried explaining this to my angry human, but she wasn't interested in excuses. She just wanted to know why.


Seriously guys, we come here every day. You know the duck pond is off-limits. What's the malfunction?
?

We usually don't get yelled at, but she was real close to yelling. Dutch gave me the keep-your-little-puggy-mouth-shut look, but I hate when humans aren't happy so I totally spilled the beans. I showed her the man with the special camera and told her our suspicions about The Visitors.

She wasn't exactly sympathetic.


Puglet, that man is videotaping the ducks. And The Visitors? They were from a company called IDEO. They're designing a product for dogs and wanted to get real-world information about dogs and their people inste
ad of sitting in a design studio, pretending to know everything. We were talking about you and Dutch because you are DOGS.

Oh.

Did I feel dumb, or what? On the way to the car, other dogs at the park laughed and called us "swampthing" and "slimebucket". By the time we got home, the green slime was dry and didn't want to come off. We had to take the longest bath on earth. But at least we weren't in danger of being abducted or deported.


---
ANOTHER NO-CONTEST CONTEST UPDATE
The gallery is getting VERY cute! Yesterday we had two internat
ional entries, so now Canada & Romania are in the house. Woo - Woo!

[Go to www.dailypuglet.com for info if you missed my No-Contest announcement & are cringing at the thought of another contest]

---

12 comments:

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! Another day, another Puglet adventure! You crack me up. I can't believe you jumped into a slimy pond - yuk! There is no way I would ever jump in a pond even if aliens were chasing me. I can't stand being wet and the ramifications of getting all yucky are just not worth it.

What did you do when the other dogs were laughing at you? Did you tell them about your no-contest contest? I would have pretended like the whole incident was planned - like you meant to do it. Play it cool Puglet. The others will never know.

Stubby xoxo

Anonymous said...

Puglet, you and the big handsome spotted guy are lucky to have gotten into some good stink. I love good stink! Have you ever rolled around in goose poo? What a heavenly scent, like Chanel for dogs but my human just doesn't get it.
Love,
Ollie

Anonymous said...

My sister Cleo would have loved that stinky pond. She is just like Ollie - she loves to roll in poo!!! She did this the other day and she had to get a bath - ha ha!! She's disgusting!

Frodo

Mimi, Diva Dog extraordinare said...

Puglet- I just don't get how you could go in that icky pond! My momma calls me a 'diva' because i jump over puddles so my dainty paws dont get dirty. plus you had to have a b-a-t-h afterwards. next time maybe you should think things thru a bit more.

THE PUGLET said...

Oops. My human must have been having a gimpy-brain moment because she totally forgot to include our Slimebucket picture!

Well - here we are, pre-bath.

THE PUGLET said...

Hey Stubby -

You are such a wise pug. Of course, a publicity stunt! I didn't think of that. Just hung my head low and tried to block out all the laughter.

One guy called me "St. Patty". Because I was so green, my human said.

THE PUGLET said...

Ollie, Frodo & Mimi,

I've never rolled in poo, but I did roll on a dead seal once. It stank SO good! Or bad. Depending on how you look at it (me=good, human=bad).

My human calls me a mudpuppy sometimes because I like jumping in to mudpuddles.

:)

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

We love your no contest photo gallery!

pugsmom said...

RIFLSH+ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING SO HARD. Thank you, thank you for another adventure of Puglet and Dutch. You made our day!!
Phoebe Pug and pugsmom

pugsmom said...

ROFLSH=
I can't spell today. LOL

pugsmom said...

Must be those missing thumbs.

Paula said...

LOL......Puglet, I love reading of your adventure. Camcorders are not bad things. Just another way to show your cute self off anyhow. Lots of people want to take pics of pugs with various mediums, relax and enjoy the attention next time.