Friday, October 30, 2009

HAPPY HOWLOWEEN

I really don't know how you humans come up with this stuff. I mean, a special day for dressing up in funny outfits? Honestly, the whole thing sounded pretty silly, especially when my human brought home that goofy banana/garden gnome/smurf suit for me to wear. But now that I get to be a ferocious, nose-pinching lobster, I'm kinda digging the idea.

And Brother Dutch? Not so into the whole Howloween thing. I tried to get him to wear a matching lobster suit so we could be a flock of lobsters (or whatever you'd call it). Someone might try to put soy sauce on us, he said. I will pose WITH a lobster, but I will not BE one.

I wasn't sure if he'd really been traumatized by the lobsters in the park - or was just using them as an excuse not to wear a costume. Then my human explained that Dutch isn't a huge fan of change so he wears the same thing every year. And it isn't a lobster suit.

Turns out Dutch's idea of a Howloween costume is a pair of red glittery devil horns. I think he felt kinda bad about ruining my flock of lobsters idea though because Mr. I-don't-like-change (or cameras) did agree to strike a pose with our toy lobster, Bubbles.


---
Final No-Contest Contest News!
If you haven't sent in your picture yet... time is running out!! If your human doesn't have a picture to send in, tell them to hurry up and take one.

We want to see your cuteness!

Please send us your cuteness by midnight tomorrow.
Dailypuglet.com for all the info.
---

10 comments:

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! I really don't get this Howloween thingy either but every year Mom drags out my costume for me to wear. I fight it at first and then put it on because it makes all the trick-or-treaters go 'awwwww'.

Too bad your human couldn't get a picture of Dutch wearing his devil horns. I have devils horns too and even a cape, but there's no way I'm wearing them.

Stubby xoxo

Mr. Puggle® said...

oh you look mad puglet. i don't blame you. my two legger made me into a hotdog. (no ketchup)

we will join your no contest contest. :)

Smushie Ranch said...

Puglet, change is hard for some of us. Try to go easy on poor Dutch.

We're right there with ya though, we don't understand Howloween either. Fortunately for us, mom ate some rocks and got these things called kidney stones. So she didn't feel up to chasing us around to get our costumes on. Instead, we'll just supervise the handing out of candy to the strange creatures that come to the door.

xoxo
Stella and Gunther

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

You looks much betters as a lobster we agree! Happy Halloweens!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe, now that's the cutest!
xx
Rachel

Ollie said...

I'm with Dutch on this one. My human tried to dress me up as a pirate, which also meant wearing a hat with a parrot on it! I made the most of a bad situation and turned the hat into a chew toy.
Happy Howloween, Puglet!

THE PUGLET said...

A hotdog? Hat with a parrot? Horns AND a cape??

Now I'm *really* glad my human picked out the lobster suit.

THE PUGLET said...

My human just added some of my other lobster impressions, since 'ferocious-lobster' came out looking more like 'angry-lobster'.

Angry-lobsters are too scary. Even for Howloween.

dw said...

I think you make an awesome lobster, Puglet! And I think that Bubbles guy is cute, too. I don't understand why your brother doesn't want to be a lobster. I don't know anyone who would try to put soy sauce on a lobster. Butter, maybe, but not soy sauce. :p

Anonymous said...

Happy Howloween Noble Lobster! Pug Hugs, Lola the Lady Bug Pug in Vegas