Thursday, October 1, 2009

WINGS + BALLOON + FLOATY VEST =

So yesterday I hung out with my spotted friend Miley. Y'know, the one who knows a mule and is always full of good ideas?

Well, Miley feels bad for getting my hopes up about flying (twice) and is determined to get me off the ground. She's really nice like that (and I think maybe a little stubborn too). Anyway. When we met up at the lake to go swimming, she was all excited about her new idea to help me fly. Let's call it Plan X.

Miley figured out that a bunch of balloons just isn't enough to get my [quote] fat pug butt off the ground, but by adding the floaty thing that makes me lighter in water and something wing-like, I might be light enough to take off. So Plan X went something like this: wings + balloon + the vesty thing that makes me float in water = me being able to fly.

Sounds good, right?


The humans thought Miley's idea was pretty funny. Brothers Dutch & Boka thought it sounded scary. I just want to fly and am willing to try anything that won't hurt me. The humans agreed Plan X wasn't dangerous and gave our latest experiment the green light. We attached a pair of balloon butterfly wings Miley brought to my floaty vest, and I even climbed up on a rock to get closer to the sky.
Ok, so Plan X didn't exactly work. I didn't fly, but I did scare the bejeezus out of brother Dutch and the wings were kinda cool and super-fun to swim in. Knowing Miley, she'll have another idea soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you look soooo good in your flying outfit. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but hey keep trying you never know what might work.
Your friend in,
South Carolina

Lola said...

Please tell us where you got your fabulous floaty jacket, Puglet! My mom wont let me go very far in the water because she's afraid I might not be a very good swimmer.
Your butterfly wings would make a great Halloween costume!
Puggy Love,
Lola in Lafayette

dw said...

You look great in the flying floaties. I'm sorry you didn't get to fly, but maybe next time the idea will get you off the ground!!

Stubby said...

Hi Puglet! I'm sorry to hear and see that plan x didn't work. Kudos to Miley for coming up with and it sounds like she will probably come up with another plan. Just keep trying and don't give up.

Stubby xoxo

THE PUGLET said...

Yeah, I kinda got my hopes for Plan X. Miley's reasoning seemed logical enough. I mean, if the vesty thing can make me light enough to float in water, you'd think it + the big balloon wings would be enough.

Oh well.

The good news is I've gotten so good at swimming I can now do it *without* the floaty vest. Just like the big dogs. YAY!

THE PUGLET said...

Oh, Lola -

You can get the floaty vest at Pet Smart. There's even a picture of a Pug on the package.

PS > My human says they make a cute pink Hawaiian flower print one for girls :)